August 23, 2013

Fertility Centers of Illinois Doctor Spotlight: Dr. John Rapisarda!

We love our doctors & want you to get to know them as well as we do, too! In our Doctor Spotlights, we interview each of the doctors here at the Fertility Centers of Illinois so you can learn about their backgrounds, a bit of their personal lives and to get to know them as a friend. Stay tuned for more Doctor Spotlights to come!

Here's your chance to meet Dr. John Rapisarda!

Why did you choose to become a doctor?
From the time I was a little boy, I was always fascinated by science and the diversity of life on earth.  I loved learning about the way our bodies work and how they respond to fight infections, or disease.   I knew that I had to do something in the scientific field.  As I got older, I had a close family friend and a relative who were struggling with infertility.  It was right around the time that IVF was making the news and I felt that it would be very exciting and rewarding to be able to help people who were unable to have children on their own with the use of this new technology.

Why did you choose fertility treatment as your career?
(see above).  In addition, I was interested in working with essentially healthy people who were facing a significant life crisis that I could help resolve.  Having children is such a wonderful, enriching and rewarding part of life that I knew it would be very fulfilling to help others share this experience. Reproductive Endocrinology is a great mix between medical thinking, interacting with people regularly and performing procedures; all of which I love.

What do you find is the most enjoyable part about working for Fertility Centers of Illinois?
I love what I do on a daily basis and the relationships that are formed with both staff and patients.  The best part of the job is getting baby pictures in the mail, or actually seeing the “fruits of our labor” in person when proud parents return for a visit with their beautiful new babies.

What do you like to do for fun outside of the office?
I love movies, reading, travel, any outdoor activities (as long as it’s warm outside!) and working with my hands building, or tearing something apart.

We hope you've enjoyed getting to know one of our FCI doctors! Keep checking back for our next edition. See Dr. John Rapisarda's FCI page here!





No comments:

Post a Comment